The TFFT Fire Public Information Team (Fire PIT) is comprised of agency public information/education staff members within the TFFT. The primary role of the TFFT Fire PIT is to provide educational information to the public with regards to fire safety and fire prevention in the wildland urban interface, supported by public relations efforts through coordinated community events.
2016 Press Releases:
- December – Are Your Holiday Decorations Fire Safe?
- October – Fall Prescribed Fire Program to Begin in Lake Tahoe Basin
- September –Fire Danger at Lake Tahoe Remains a Concern for Fire Officials
- July – Prepare for Wildfire Season by Creating Defensible Space
- June – Think First – Keep Tahoe Fire Safe!
- April – Creating a Fire Adapted Community Network at Lake Tahoe
- February – Avalanche Safety
- January – Winter Travel Safety
Posted in: Fire and Fuels